Jul 25, 2011

Excused. Me!

Nervously, I dialed the Sheriffs Office, and with notes in hand, I asked to speak to someone about my jury summons.

“I can help you with that”, the manly voice on the other end replied.

I, my voice shaking  just a bit (for effect, you know), asked if I could be reconsidered for exemption from jury duty. He looked up my original letter I had sent in, and after a bit of chatting and me explaining how important it is for me to be with my parents now that they are getting older and my mom isn’t well (basically what I wrote in my letter), he said, “I’ll tell you what.. I’ll bring up your name and remove you from the jury summons.” 

“Both dates?” I asked. (one was Aug 2 one was Sept 6—both bad timing for me).

“Yes”, he replied.

“Thank you SO much”, I said.

Wow, how do you spell RELIEF!!? 

Now I can exhale once again.

Thank you Lord!!

3 comments:

  1. It is obvious that you have heavenly connections! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news. Have fun with your family. (I'll miss you...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!