Jul 27, 2011

Hard to Believe

A while ago I was going through the lineup at a cafeteria style restaurant  and happened to notice a black leather covered electronic device sitting on the counter. Upon closer inspection, I realized it was an iPad! No one else was around so I picked it up and brought it to the cashier. She didn't know who owned it so we agreed I'd leave her my name and number and if anyone showed up, she'd give them the info and we could connect. Sounded good to me. I sat down and checked out the device a bit and noticed there were a few pics on it and some music. Wow, I thought, wouldn't it be great if the owner never claimed this thing?! I'd be the owner of an iPAD!!! Perhaps the owner was passing through town on a holiday and would never know where the iPad had been left or would never  bother to return. 




The longer I sat there, the longer I thought about it and realized that really, I should leave the iPad at the restaurant in case the owner returned after I had left. And, if not, the restaurant could contact me later and give it to me. That would be more fair and honest. 


So, I approached the till again and began to explain my plan. Well, the counter attendant, with English not being her first language, was completely flustered by what I was saying, and frustratingly waved me off, basically saying 'we'll contact you'. So, I left with the iPad. 

Well, the owner has not contacted me yet. I, an iPad owner! Like a dream come true! 

Then I woke up. 

Darn! 

5 comments:

  1. What? So it was a dream? Or they contacted you? I wish you had an iPad. I wish I had an iPad too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Danica - Yeah, it was only a dream, but it seemed so real!!! Hopefully one day it will come true, though. :) For you and me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry this was only a dream. Maybe you should start frequenting cafeterias! I found an iPod on the trail last month. So weird things like this really do happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drat! I was hoping that it was true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mind is tricky to be making dreams like that. Tricky, tricky mind.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!