Feb 4, 2012

When September Comes

Not sure that’s a good title for this blog post, but let me explain. When September comes, it’s cooler outside, but not so cold that you can’t open your windows and doors for fresh air. 

Feb 12 013

Well, today, I have the furnace turned off (temporarily) and my windows and doors are open because it’s THAT nice outside, but more importantly, this stale house needs a little freshness blown through it. I hear the birds chirping away, the little girls next door playing  (oops, and now crying)  in their back yard, and it’s early FEBRUARY!!!  Mind you, it’s a little nippy out there, but still…

I’ve washed the floors and opening up to the world outside just needed doing.

When September comes, I do apples. Just the other day, a  friend of mine offered me a box of apples she still had in her garage from September, and I couldn’t bare to see them go to waste, so I said yes. When I looked at them, I said, “Are you SURE they didn’t freeze over the last few months?”. She reassured me they hadn’t, but I beg to differ.. A lot of them are still usable, though. Applesauce comin’ up.

Feb 12 012 

Now, if someone would just offer to wash those dirty outside windows, it would really feel like Spring is on its way..I mean, September!

Feb 12 014

4 comments:

  1. Nice. I went outside on Saturday afternoon to wash the windows (on the doors) at the church. It was so wonderful, I wanted to stay outside and go for a walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey sweets. Love the idea of having the windows open and your post made me feel hopeful for warmer days ahead. Mind you, we've had a very mild winter, but still.....I'm longing as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more thing...do I see water outside your door/window? ::jealous::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, Melissa, that's actually a patch of snow in our front yard! It almost looks like water in that pic, though!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!