Feb 23, 2012

It’s About Time!

Am I the only one who takes forever to replace items that were destined for the garbage bin many moons ago? One household item we’ve been complaining about FOREVER is our cutlery basket in our dishwasher. Of its 6 compartments, 2 were absolutely useless for probably at least a year. What’s with that?

We’d continually have to retrieve dangling cutlery out of the basket, in order to successfully push the bottom dish tray into the dishwasher. As well, we’d have to strategically place broader items that couldn’t fall through the cracks, into these compartments. So frustrating. I don’t know why I didn’t think to replace this a lot sooner. Well, I DID think. I just didn’t DO.

It’s just one of those errands that never gets done.

Look what I bought the other day!

Feb 12 019

Ain’t she purdy? And she comes with a newfangled cutlery divider that eliminates the spooning problem. And the ‘throwing the cutlery in every which way’ habit that SOME are in the habit of doing.  So far, she’s been working out just fine.

So, do you have any glaring  useless household items that need replacement, but you’re just ignoring them or making do?  Tell me I’m not the only one!!

5 comments:

  1. You are definitely not the only one! I am currently without a food processor and a stand mixer. The price of those items is causing me to procrastinate about replacing them.

    Nice cutlery divider. Where did you find it? I would love to get one that eliminated the spooning problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gord's Maytag and More would be happy to sell you one. The dividers are removable, too.

      Delete
  2. NIce!
    I hate my kitchen garbage can. Our house came with one of those tiny little bag holders screwed onto the under-sink cabinet door. I hate those! It fills up too fast, the bags always fall out unless you buy special ones, and we end up with food splashed all over the cabinet door and sometimes onto the floor. Arg.
    Every once in a while I look at a nice, regular garbage can at a store. I don't know what's stopping me from just buying one already. We've been living with this sucky one for more than two years. I'm just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the garbage can Danica. Our kitchen garbage can is a light-colored plastic affair and it's a real pain to keep/get clean. I keep thinking about replacing it with a stainless steel garbage can but still have yet to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you could buy something to replace that dishwasher part. I have some little knives that poke down and clog up the "twirly thing that sends the water up into the dishes".

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!