Dec 19, 2011

Melt in your hand…

..not in your mouth, unfortunately.

I hummed and hawed about making whipped shortbread this year. Now I remember why I usually bake regular shortbread cookies.

Because I hate it when this happens…

Dec 11 063

Not sure why. Maybe it didn’t bake long enough? I put it in longer than it called for, though.

Anyway, I popped them back in for an extra 5-7 minutes, and I baked the final batches much longer. Hopefully, once cooled, they will hold themselves together.

I think my oven is on its way out (that’s my excuse, anyway).  Maybe Santa will bring me a new fancy schmancy one next year.

That’s the one thing I hate about baking…when things don’t turn out. What a waste of time and money.

Do you bake whipped shortbread? What’s your secret to success? 

Care to share an EBF (Epic Bake Fail)  so we can mourn together?

4 comments:

  1. hmmm...my whipped shortbread has never done this. Maybe I'll make a batch tomorrow and see what happens. Of course, I HAVE a brand new over to bake in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maureen, maybe it's my recipe!! I'll have to compare with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost ruined my shortbread. It's not as good as usual, but I salvaged it. Double batch too. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking of trying my hand at whipped shortbread this year but now I'm thinking perhaps not. My fave shortbread recipe is foolproof because it's baked in a 9-inch square pan and then cut into squares. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!