Nov 2, 2011

Mentoring Message

Spur of the moment we went to see the movie Courageous last night. I had heard good things about it from several people, and since it was Toonie Tuesday at the downtown theatre, it seemed like a good opportunity.

I will say that the movie had a terrific message to it.  Dads are important. An involved Dad makes a difference to his kids. It’s not always easy to do the right thing, but it’s worth it.

There were some good humorous moments in there, as well. And some incredibly emotional ones.  It does tug at your heartstrings. The dear older lady in front of me was sobbing once or twice. 

I have to say, the movie still had the look and sound of a low-budget movie.  Generally, the acting was quite good. Some of the dialogue and action was a bit cheesy, and not totally realistic , but I’d still wholeheartedly recommend the movie.. primarily to the Christian demographic. 

It just seems more directed at a Christian audience, calling Christian families up to the plate. I don’t know how others would take it. I suppose it would depend on where they are in their spiritual journey. And we really can’t always know, can we?

Even though this movie is directed to men in general  and fathers in particular, I don’t know how many young guys would go see it without prodding. If you are looking for an inspirational, encouraging movie this is the one, but if you’re looking for action and adventure, it’s not.

It is, however, one that I wish ALL guys would watch because the message is one that needs to be heard.

If you’ve seen this movie, what did YOU think?

3 comments:

  1. I haven't seen it yet, but a whole bunch of people keep telling me Matthew must watch it, but I have no idea how I'd drag him to it. I'd have to trick him. Or something. I'm not really a tricky wife, so we probably just won't see it. ;-) Well, I probably will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I need to make this part of my high school curriculum?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!