Aug 11, 2011

Fifty Five and Counting!

It was this very day in 1956 in the little town of Port Alberni on Vancouver Island, that my mom and dad, both emmigrants (or is that immigrants?) from Holland, were married. They've stuck like glue through thick and thin. What a legacy for their children and their children and their children!!
I love this pic of them in the 70's! (I was a teen then). 


We're heading out tomorrow to zip to Alberta to celebrate.

Then camp a few days with some old friends.

See you later!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun ... and no jury duty, either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was about to say "you're Dutch!" and looked it up and found that it's only English-speaking people who say that. Well, I AM English-speaking!!!

    But how cool for you that your folks came from Holland. What wonderful history.

    Such a sweet story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa - yep, Dutch.. and as they say (which I won't say cuz it sounds a little uppity!)-- "If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much!" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!