Mar 17, 2012

Ramblings

Some days just turn out good. Today was one of them. Even though it was snowing like no tomorrow this morning when I woke up, it didn’t really dampen my spirits (that much). Probably because it’s that time of year when I know it’s not going to stick around for long. Now, if another dump comes down tonight, I won’t be pleased, but hey, if that’s my biggest beef, life is good!

So, why am I feeling so calm and chilled out? I’ve had the house all to myself today, since the other two who live here (and two more who don’t live here) are happily out of town at a ball hockey tournament. I could do whatever, whenever. And that includes most of tomorrow, too!    Yippee!

I spent a great morning out visiting and making cards with some friends, in honor of St. Paddy’s day. We were all supposed to wear green. I managed to wear a green daisy necklace.  I wore a black sweater due to being in mourning for the Spring weather that disappeared today.

Listened to some favorite music – loud and long (downhere is definitely one of my faves). I downloaded some new music from iTunes. Josh Wilson’s See You. Love it! Crank up the stereo computer!

I listened to a couple of podcasts of my favorite women’s Christian radio program. So, it was like having girlfriends over while I made supper. I often listen to their weekly program called Millrose Club, where 4 women just yak about relevant and sometimes trivial stuff – culture, music, girl stuff. Most of the time, there’s laughter. So, Dave  usually mimics the giggling when he walks in the door and hears all this laughter coming from the kitchen. Today..no mock!

I made a yummy ‘Greek Pasta Salad with Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette’ from theperfectpantry.com Simply delicious and a perfect supper for me. If there were men around, it wouldn’t be hearty enough.  That’s another reason why I enjoyed this day all to myself.  Salad Supper! 

I set up my card making supplies in the spare room. (This is supposed to encourage me to continue making cards more than once a year.) 

Lest you think all went smoothly today, it didn’t. I can not for the life of me find my camera battery recharger. Grrr… I have absolutely NO idea where it is. Methinks someone has taken it. Or else my memory really has disappeared like Spring snow.

I also chose an ebook to read and review for BookSneeze, but it would not show up on my Kindle, although it is on my Kindle for PC. I spent more than a few minutes trying to figure that out. Sooo frustrating. I would much rather read on my Kindle than the computer. Grrrr 2.

Well, I think I’ll do some knitting and watch a little Netflix. Or maybe just a little Netflix in bed. Novel Idea.

Now that I’ve waxed on about how satisfied I am being home alone, I’m starting to miss everyone…  it’s soo quiet tonight. 

Just me and Buddy the Cat. Meow.

5 comments:

  1. Ha. It was great having everyone here! finished up a couple of the cards I started and a couple more off my list today when Britt came over to make cards. Now I have condensed it back onto the card table =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are you watching on Netflix these days? I'm finding the selection slim. And now we can't watch on more than one device at a time! So with 5 of us wanting to get on.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two TV series I've really enjoyed... Jericho (2 seasons) and Lie to Me. Haven't finished Lie to Me yet. As is usual for most TV shows these days, they are PG (some episodes more than others). And the documentary - God Grew Tired of Us is very interesting.. if you're in the mood for a heavier theme - Uganda's 'lost boys'. Eye opening! Have you ever watched the documentary The Business of Being Born? very interesting!

      Delete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!