Jan 30, 2012

A Woman’s Prerogative

Yes, it is.

The exclusive right and power to command, decide, rule, or judge… change one’s mind.

I’ve been thinking about my rash decision to quit Pinterest after only being on it for a couple of hours a while back. I think it was just too overwhelming for me. My settings were such that all of my Facebook friends were added to it. This time around (yes, I finally received my official invitation), I am following only a few people at a time, and I’m not going hog wild with it. Who knows, I may not spend much time there at all. But it is fun to see what friends are pinning!

I already tried a recipe I found on there today. Lemon Blueberry cake.  I made some substitutions and it turned out scrumptious. Which is a bonus.

Jan 12 024 

I’ve had a quiet few days around here. It’s going to get busy soon, with meetings, obligations,  appointments, and second term portfolios, but the last couple of days have been blissfully quiet. I’ve baked a few items. I don’t seem to do  much of that, lately. When you’re trying to cut back on sugar, baking is not something you want spend too much time doing!  Can you say ‘sabotage’?

I’ve also got a few knitting projects on the go. I’m knitting a birthday pair of socks for my girlfriend, who is not a craftsy person, so she is so excited for something handmade! Jan 12 025

And I’m knitting a log cabin baby blanket…just because. It’ll be a gift for someone down the road. Nice to have a little stash of gifts tucked away for the future. 

Jan 12 008

8 comments:

  1. I love your log cabin baby blanket! What kind of yarn are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Snuggly Wuggly by Loops and Threads. Nice and soft, but I really don't know how it's going to wear with lots of washings. I'm really enjoying this project, though!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have had a few wonderfully relaxing days. Just what you BP needs. Try and have more of them :) Love the knitting BTW. That log cabin pattern is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, too! I do wish I had chosen a burgundy color in there, though. Oh, well..

      Delete
  3. Oh Pinterest is SO much fun. I have a blast there, but understand the overload part. Moderation in all things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed I'm not checking it all the time, but when I do, it is inspiring!

      Delete
  4. All those things you've been making look wonderful. What nice ways to enjoy the quiet with creativity.
    I love Pinterest, but I try hard to only go on once in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!