Jul 29, 2011

True Story

One of my son's friends is a firefighter and this past week a crew came through Kamloops on their way to fly out to Ontario to help with the forest fires out there. Overnight, they were staying in a hotel located on the North Shore.

My son joked with his buddy that this was a sketchy area of our fair city and their truck could get stolen. It was loaded with gear, tools, etc, and was a huge vehicle with the logo BC Forestry Services emblazoned on it.

The next morning, the crew left the hotel, and their truck was nowhere to be found. Yep, it was stolen overnight.

Unbelievable!

5 comments:

  1. That's almost funny. Almost. The person stealing it must have been a few litres short of a full tank. It isn't an anonymous vehicle like a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla. It will stick out like a sore thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh North Shore. Why are you so silly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. That SUCKS. In a funny kind of way. SUCKS.
    Thanks for your encouraging note in the library! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is lousy! I wouldn't even have thought that your city had a sketchy area. I guess now I know which part not to park in!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!