Jan 5, 2012

Undecided Part 2 – a happy ending

So, I checked out Chapters, looking for a book to exchange for the one in question. And I found one:

Jan 12 016
I was a sucker for the promotion by Kathryn Stockett, author of The Help. “A beautifully written, thought-provoking novel that I’m telling everyone I know to read.”  The book is set in 1940 in Franklin, Mass., USA where people think WW2 will never touch them. But Emma and Frankie, two postmistresses, know better…  Sounds intriguing, don’t you think?
Anyway, I’m really getting the best of both worlds. My sis finished the original book and said, “You’d like it!”  So, she’s going to let me read her copy of The Woefield Poultry Collective by Susan Juby, if I so choose,  and I’ll lend her The Postmistress. 

3 comments:

  1. I loved The Postmistress! Good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maureen- I should've known you would have read it! ;) Glad it's a gooder!

    @Jill - for sure! You can borrow it anytime, since I have another library book I want to read first.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!