Oct 30, 2011

Unpinterested

No, that’s not a typo. I probably have the distinction of having the shortest subscription EVER on Pinterest. After fussing with it for a few hours today (Sunday being a day of rest and often that means frittering my time away without feeling too guilty), I decided to go with my gut and I hit the button. The DELETE button.

Goodbye, Pinterest, you lovely site. But you, one of many sites, just suck my time away from me.  And I have to draw the line somewhere.

I also deleted a few more blog subscriptions from my Google Reader. I’ve been doing that a few times each week, so it’s paring down to a manageable size. Not there yet, though.

As much as I LOVE checking things out and finding new social networking places, I know that I’m not truly a die hard social networking person. I am a more private than public person, so why try to pretend I like all this interaction?  My Facebook settings are quite private, as far as I can figure it out.  On Twitter, I mostly retweet other twits tweets. And my blog is private. Mmmm..

So, even though I LOVE Pinterest, I don’t really have to subscribe to enjoy the photos and ideas. The best of both worlds.

As a friend said recently, now I have more time to live in the REAL world. Gotta make the most of it.

6 comments:

  1. I signed up for Pinterest a few weeks ago but have done nothing with it. That is the problem isn't it - balancing the real world with the online world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pinterest, but I understand your need to spend time in the real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out Pinterest recently but just didn't get the appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, some blogger in Children's Ministry land sent out info on this so I have an invitation pending. I'll let you know if I find it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!
    I don't go there often, but when I do, I lose time. It is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting all the different views on Pinterest. It definitely appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!