Nov 17, 2011

I’m a Winner and you can be, too!

Must be my LUCKY DAY!!!

I just got an email from KamloopsScene telling me I have just won TWO FREE tickets to a concert coming to town Saturday Night.

Ian Tyson.

Huh?

He’s a Canadian musical icon and his wife’s name is Sylvia.   It’s been said of him that he is ‘a revered forefather of folk music’, but I’d classify him as old style country. Toe tappin’ music. 

I listened to a few of his songs years and years ago on the radio. . Oh, I think he was a good singer back then (and very handsome), but I wasn’t a FAN. So, that’s why I’m really wondering how I could have won these tickets!! Ol'Eon

 

Ian Tyson is  a lot older now, and his voice is nothing like it was back then. But I don’t  think that will bother any long time fans. I’m sure he has a very loyal following --those who have enjoyed his music since the early 70’s. .

I have a feeling that I’d be one of the younger ones at the concert. Not that that would be so bad; it’s happened to me before. Like when Jill and I went to see the Rat Pack tribute concert. Ha!

Since I’m not going to be in town this weekend, any of you who can use them or knows someone who would like to go, let me know and they are YOURS!  I will need to know by tonight.

That was then:

This is now:

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I love Ian Tyson and would enjoy the concert, but I'm pooping out from my schedule this week and it would be over the top to go. Very generous of you though!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for popping by and leaving a comment!